Monday 28 January 2013

Nervous Jitters




I wrote this post the day before I flew out (January 25), but I didn’t have a chance to post it until now!

I’m officially on my last full day in Canada until I fly down to Florida for a year. Now that I’ve taken care of my Canadian nostalgia, I am going to concentrate on how I am feeling at the moment! The nervous energy has fully hit me now. My flight lands in Florida tomorrow at 9am, so I’m down to about 12 hours left in Canada for an entire year! How crazy is that?

I have finished all of my Onboarding paperwork now, so that will be done come time to check in to housing on Tuesday. I just had my final trip to the bank to change all of my money into American currency. I just have to put the finishing touches on packing and everything will be complete.

The most stressful part of the packing was to get my suitcase to the proper weight for the flight so that I would not be charged extra. The weight limit for my suitcase was 23kg or about 50 pounds. The first time I had weighed my suitcase, it was 60 pounds! My parents both took some things out of my suitcase and put it in there’s. I cut out a couple more things and the scale ended up being between 49 and 50 pounds.

While this wasn’t the end of the night before my flight, it makes more sense to include that in my next post. I’ll be writing about my flight and the visa processing that happened in the airport.

Currently listening to: “All I Want” by A Day To Remember from the album What Separates Me From You 

No comments:

Post a Comment