Monday 18 February 2013

Back to School, Back to School...



On Saturday, February 2, I went to Traditions. This is the course that everyone has to take to become a Disney cast member. This is where we learn about the Disney way and we receive our name tags at Disney University!!!!!! Since a lot of the day encompasses information that I cannot reveal in relation to Disney, I will try to cover as much as I can.

The bus was scheduled to pick us up at the Vista Way pavilion at 7:30am. However, the bus did not actually show up. Someone called the bus company and they ended up getting a bus to pick us up and than head over to Chatham to get those who live in the other housing complex. With that, we were off to Traditions.

We checked in once we got there and had someone look over our paperwork and passports. We were than sent to different rooms based on your program, meaning that all of the CRP participants were together. Throughout the day we learned a lot about Disney and won prizes for answering questions. My group also won prizes as a result of winning an activity that we did. This was my collection by the end of the day…



We also had a surprise visitor that delivered our name tags to us. This really made my day that much better! At the end of the day, I left as an official Disney cast member with my amazing name tag!



After our course, we took a couple of pictures outside of Disney University. We got one of the new Canadians and one with those of us from the UK and Canada!

In honour of becoming official cast members and receiving our key to the parks (our cast member passes), we went to the Magic Kingdom to see Wishes (the fireworks show)! It really was unbelievable watching Wishes and realizing that we were now officially cast members at Disney World. We would be able to go any night that we are not working for the next year and see this show, or do whatever else we wanted to at the parks! It is a really surreal feeling, like I’m living in a dream!

Magic Kingdom was open until 11pm that night, so we decided to take advantage of that. We went on Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, It’s A Small World, Philharmagic, Cinderella’s Carousel, Winnie the Pooh, the Tea Cups, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin and the Peoplemover. All in all, it was a busy night, but it was so exciting!

On Sunday, those of us in Food and Beverage were back at Disney University for our food safety course. We had to catch the A or B bus to get to Disney University ourselves this time. With the course not starting until 1pm, I had the chance to sleep in a bit after the long night at Magic Kingdom.

The course was fairly basic, but again I cannot go into detail about it. After we were finished in the classroom, we all moved into a computer lab and did some e-learning. We had to finish three courses on the computer and than we were done for the day.

Once the e-learning was finished, we headed down to costuming to get our slip resistant shoes for work (these were provided to us for free! Thanks Disney!) I chose the most idiot proof shoes that I could because I am completely uncoordinated! They have proven themselves so far, so I’m really happy with my choice!

After choosing our shoes, we were done for the day. We took the bus back to Vista and than headed over to Applebee’s to watch the Super Bowl! Well, I watched the Super Bowl! Most of the people I went with just really wanted to see Beyonce perform at the half time show, and that was cool! The drinks were two for one, so that was perfect for watching the game. The Ravens ended up winning (YAY!) and I was a very happy camper. Right after the game, we headed back to Vista because we had an early day at Epcot the next morning!

Currently listening to: “Secret Society” by Title Fight from the album Floral Green

No comments:

Post a Comment