Monday 18 February 2013

Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow



The next two days were my orientation to all things EPCOT and the Canadian pavilion where I would be working! On Monday, the Canadians in Food and Beverage had our e-learning day. This consisted of about four hours of computer based learning on several different topics.

Since we have the same coordinator of training, we met up the UK Food and Beverage girls for lunch. We had a group meeting after lunch to discuss several employment policies that Disney has in place. We went to our separate pavilions after this meeting and we had our introduction to the Canadian Food and Beverage work environment. We learned all about the different jobs that we would be working as well as the different policies and procedures in place in our pavilion.

This was the entirety of this day of training for us. We got together with a bunch of the Canadian girls (and some guys) that night, but we had our EPCOT discovery day the next day, so we didn’t go out with them that night.

At 8am on Tuesday, we had to meet at EPCOT for our discovery day. We got a guided tour of the park, which was awesome! After our tour, we met up with the UK girls again for lunch. We were again dropped off in our different pavilions after lunch. We did a tour of our pavilion and learned a whole lot about the operation of our restaurant.

At the end of the tour, we headed back to the costuming department and got our costumes! We have two in the Canadian pavilion for Food and Beverage, one for the restaurant and one for the popcorn cart! They are both pretty awesome if I do say so myself! I was starting in the restaurant so I mostly got multiples of that costume, but I also made sure I was prepared for the popcorn cart shifts as well.

At the end of this day, I was ready to work! I had the next two days off, so I wouldn’t be officially starting to work until Friday. My orientation was finally over and I was ready to get going on my actual work at Disney!

Currently listening to: “Swords and Pens” by The Story So Far from the album Under Soil and Dirt

No comments:

Post a Comment