Tuesday 5 February 2013

My Pre-Check In Disney Time




Since I didn’t have to check in with Disney until Tuesday, I spent my first few days in Florida at Walt Disney World, exploring the parks again. On Sunday, we went to Magic Kingdom! We were there for the Welcome Celebration and park opening in the morning.

We went right to Fantasyland and got on the rides that tend to line up really quickly (Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh). We headed over to Tomorrowland next and did Space Mountain twice, Buzz Lightyear and the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. We then looped back around to New Fantasyland. The line up for the Be Our Guest restaurant for lunch had already lined up out the door! If you want to go there, be there early! We went on the new Little Mermaid ride, which was fantastic!

After grabbing lunch, we went on the tea cups. I had my own individual tea cup because my parents do not like spinning. After the tea cups we went over to the other side of the park. We got fast passes for the Jungle Cruise (one of my favourite rides) and went on Pirates of the Caribbean while we waited for out fast pass time (our wait time was only about 40 minutes for it to start). We went on Jungle Cruise and got fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

While waiting for that fast pass to start, we went to see the Hall of President show and ride the Haunted Mansion. We went on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad after this and called it a day.

The major excitement of my day was that I was able to have my first Dole Whip! It was absolutely delicious and I now understand why so many people rave about them. This is the first thing that I can cross off my Disney bucket list!

On Monday, we went to Hollywood Studios. We headed right to Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror because these two rides line up so quickly. After these two rides, we headed to my favourite ride, The Great Movie Ride. I absolutely love classic movies (my favourite movie is Casablanca) so the reasoning behind this being my favourite ride is understandable!

After The Great Movie Ride, we headed to the Muppets show (this inevitably led to The Muppets theme song being stuck in my head for the rest of the day!) We had fast passes for Toy Story Midway Mania at 11, so we went there next. I managed to get the highest score out of the three of us!

We had reservations at the Sci Fi Dine In Theatre. For anyone who hasn’t been there before, you sit in cars to eat your meal. There is a big drive-in movie screen at the front of the restaurant that plays a bunch of previews for cheesy horror movies from the 1950s and 1960s. It is one of my favourite places to eat in all of Walt Disney World!

After our lunch, we went to see the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. This is a classic show and is one of the must sees at Hollywood Studios. We next headed to Star Tours. They had redone the whole ride since we had last been to Disney World, so we were really excited to see what was in store for us. Although we didn’t get to pod race in the one that we went on (there are several different scenarios that you can now have on the ride) it was still a fantastic update to the ride. We ended off our day with The Backlot Tour. Later that night we went mini golfing at Fantasia Gardens and walked along the boardwalk at Disney Boardwalk Resort. It is one of my favourite resorts, especially at night.





I had done two full days at Disney with my parents and was ready to check in for my year with Disney the next day. After going through a seven month process, it was time for me to become a cast member at Walt Disney World.

Currently listening to: “The Gambler” by fun. from the album Aim & Ignite

No comments:

Post a Comment