Wednesday 27 February 2013

Let's Go To The Mall!


(This is a How I Met Your Mother reference for those that don’t understand the picture choice)

Disney has this amazing promotion for cast members around Christmas where we get more than the typical 20% off of merch. After Christmas, a 40% discount on merch stuck around until February 13th. I had February 13th off, so myself and several others decided to take advantage of the discount!

Danielle and I headed over to Downtown Disney for some shopping and we eventually met up with Allison and Cassie. We probably went into every store in Downtown Disney and we all spent a lot of money. My favourite purchases of the day…





I absolutely love tea! This tea set was too cute to pass up and will come in handy for our Once Upon A Time tea parties!

I also expanded my collection of not so attractive stuffed animals with this lovely purchase. I love the seagulls in Finding Nemo for their annoying nature!



It was a great day of shopping and we all managed to beat the rain home that night!

The next morning was the morning of our social security appointments. This meant, for everyone that didn’t have an American social security number, catching a bus at 6am in order to apply for one. I was told by everyone who I had done this process before to be there early and to sit at the front of the bus so that you would be one of the first ones done and you could sleep on the bus. That didn’t actually end up happening and we ended up in the last available seats on the bus!

We went into the social security office and were directed to one end of the office to sit and we each got numbers. Mine was 37 (which is funny because it’s my favourite number!) The process didn’t take that long and we were back on the bus and headed back to housing at about 8:30am. Ollie, Livvie, Zoe and I went to Starbucks to wait for the other group who were still at the social security office (the group from Chatham).

Once they met us, we went to Dollar Tree because they all needed mardi gras beads for later that night. I thought that buying some glow stick bracelets and necklaces would be fun, so I did! They would come in handy for our Canadian gathering later that night.

Livvie and I decided that we wanted to go to Hollywood Studios for the day, even though the weather did not look that promising. We took the bus over and went on The Great Movie Ride first. We both love musicals, so we had a great time! We went on Rock N Rollercoaster next, again using the single riders line.

It started to rain at this point, so we decided to go and watch the Beauty and the Beast show, which I hadn’t actually seen in years even though it’s one of my favourite Disney movies! It was fantastic and I was very tempted to sing along! After the show, the rain continued so we went to One Man’s Dream. This show is all about Walt Disney and how his dreams have expanded into what exists as Disney today. It was a nice reminder of why we are here and what our jobs stand for. I am honoured to be able to work for this company that Walt Disney created and still feel like the luckiest person in the world to be able to say that!

The rain continued after the show and we decided that Fantasmic was out for the night. We went back to Vista and got dried off before this evening’s festivities. Allison and I decided to have Applebee’s for dinner and we headed over to meet up with the rest of the Canadians to welcome the newest Canadians that had started. My group was no longer the newest group, which was weird for us because we all still felt new!

It was back to work for me the next day for a nice long run of seven shifts in a row!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you kept posting! I'm apply for the CRP next week and I'm from Canada, so I would love to hear more about working at Le Cellier!

    - Erin

    ReplyDelete