Sunday 20 January 2013

Pre-Disney Prep, December 2012



December was a busier month for me on the Disney front! Since I had booked my flight in November, I submitted my flight information to both Yummy Jobs and to Disney International Arrivals. I also confirmed my mailing address so that I could receive my welcome pack from Disney.

Next, I had to make arrangements regarding my student loan. Since I have been out of school for more than six months, I have been paying back my student loan. I had to contact the National Student Loans Centre to arrange for interest free payments for the year, lessening my financial worries.

As of December 13, I still hadn’t received any information on my criminal background check. I was starting to get worried at this point because Disney requires your background check at least one month in advance for your visa and I knew that the offices were going to close for the Christmas break. I went up to my local police station to check the status of my background check and they hadn’t gotten to it yet. They bumped my background check up and I was actually able to come back two hours later to pick it up! It was fantastic for them to accommodate me in this way. I scanned and sent my background check off that night.

Those of us with a start date of January 29th received an email on December 18th telling us that we were now able to pay our Program Assessment Fee for the program. The Program Assessment Fee is a payment of $100 and the money goes toward miscellaneous housing costs, such as the bus system and security. It can be paid anytime before your program start date with a credit card and is typically opened for you to pay about a month before your program. I paid my Program Assessment Fee on December 26th. This was another item that I could cross off of my to-do list for Disney!

With these things accomplished for Disney, it was starting to seem more real for me. I was actually going to work at Walt Disney World for a year! With it being December, it was my last Christmas with my family before I moved down to Florida for a year. I received quite a few goodies for my trip, including a new suitcase and a whole lot of Canadian clothing! I could start on my packing, which was a very intimidating prospect for me. I honestly did not know how I was going to figure out what I was going to need for an entire year and manage to fit it all into one suitcase. There are malls and stuff down in Florida, but finding time and having money to shop might be a little difficult once I’m down there. I’m sure I will figure it all out in time…hopefully!

Currently Listening to: “No I Don’t” by The Almost from the album Monster Monster 

No comments:

Post a Comment