Monday 21 January 2013

Pre-Disney Prep, January 2013




I am now in the month that I am leaving for Walt Disney World. It is crazy to think that just over two months ago, I was at the Face to Face interview in Toronto and now it’s almost time for me to leave! AHHHHHHH!

On January 7th, I received my Welcome Pack in the mail, which actually had my Visa in it as well! While the Welcome Pack did not have much in it, it really was exciting to receive in the mail. It came with my official acceptance letter from Disney as well as my Disney Look book! I was really happy to have my Visa as well. There is a special arrangement in place for Canadians that participate in the CRP where our Visas are sent right to us. We do not have to go to our embassy and answer questions in order to secure our Visas to work in the United States. We are so lucky to not have to go for an embassy visit, saving us time and money. Having my Visa, I have all of my work documents under control!

The final major hurdle that I had to complete was organizing my medical insurance for the first four months of my program. (Please note that I am not an expert on this topic and I am not providing any advice on how you should approach obtaining medical insurance. I am simply commenting on my own experiences). After doing a fair amount of research and looking at different policies offered by different companies, I went with the medical insurance that Yummy Jobs has a negotiated deal with. It was affordable and covered all of the necessary requirements for our medical insurance. Once this was purchased, I sent the name of the insurance company and my policy number off to Yummy Jobs and my medical insurance was completed!

Finally, I had to contact my phone company and get my phone contract suspended for the year that I will be gone. Got that all sorted out, so all of my major obstacles have been conquered! All I have left is to officially finish packing, which is still proving to be difficult for me. Now that I’m much closer to leaving, I am able to plan out my last few outfits for work and can pack everything else that I need. I only have a few more small things to buy (memory card for my camera, etc.) and I will be officially ready to go. It still seems crazy to me that two and a half months passed by so quickly and it is almost time for my Disney adventures to officially begin!


Currently Listening to: “Bottled Wind” by Polar Bear Club from the album Clash Battle Guilt Pride

No comments:

Post a Comment